Hunter Preparation at Talent Prep
The Stanford Binet V is used as an entrance assessment for Round 1 of admissions into Hunter College Elementary School. The test is administered 1:1 with a psychologist approved by the school. At Talent Prep, we work with students to help them become familiarized with the concepts assessed through play based activities. Every child develops at a different pace and may require different amounts of time to become familiar with all the concepts.
We use play-based activities and progressive curriculum to help children build up the concepts and abilities in the 5 areas of Knowledge, Quantitative Reasoning, Fluid Reasoning, Working Memory, and Visual-Spatial Processing. We are NOT giving our students the training of how to take the test, but providing them a learning environment for developing their abilities to process different types of problems, which require the 5 competencies they will be tested in the 1st round of the admission test at Hunter. This is how we "prepare" our students.
During the past years, 46% of students from our Stanford Binet Program received an offer from Hunter Kindergarten program, compared to 1.52% overall acceptance rate (50 final seats from about 3,300 applicants).
The Five Factors of Cognitive Ability
Why Should I Choose Hunter College School
The Wall Street Journal ranked Hunter as the top public school in the United States and noted that it is a feeder to Ivy League and other elite colleges.
The New York Times called Hunter "the prestigious Upper East Side school known for its Ivy League-bound students" and "the fast track to law, medicine and academia."
Worth likewise ranked Hunter as the top public school in the country.
Publicly available data indicate that Hunter has the highest average SAT score, the highest average ACT score and the highest percentage of National Merit Finalists of any high school in the United States, public or private.
2023 Fall Semester Hunter Prep Class
(for children born in 2019 & 2020)
Small Group Class | 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM
Private Class | 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM, 11:00 AM - 11:50 AM
Private Class | 1:00 PM - 1:50 PM, 2:00 PM - 2:50 PM, 3:00 PM - 3:50 PM
Program runs from 9/9/2023 to 1/20/2024
No Class on 9/23, 11/25, 12/23, 12/30, 1/13
Small Group Class is ONLY available for children born in 2020
Private Class is available for children born in 2019 & 2020
Small Group Class: $1675, including materials
Private Class: $185 - $250 per session
Early Bird Special & Sign-up Bonus
- Reserve your class spot with $200 security deposit before August 31st. Enjoy a special $50 off of Hunter Prep Online Class.
- For all students in 2023 Fall Hunter Prep Class, can enjoy Reading Readiness Class single session (value of $95) with $35.
Reading Readiness For Gifted Students
Saturday 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm, starting from 9/9/2023
$1275 | 15-session package $95 | Non-package session
This reading program is designed for beginning-level readers. If your child wants to:
- Prepare for Hunter-K Round-2
- Prepare for City Wide Gifted & Talented Kindergarten Program
- Improve phonics skills and reading fluency
The minimum requirement to join this program:
- Knows all the alphabet letters, both upper case and lower case
- Participating in regular schooling during the past 6 months
Looking for more ways to improve your child's reading and critical thinking skill? check out and sign-up Reading Fluency & Critical Thinking Program here (bundle price available)!
Stanford Binet Preparation Step-1: Learning the Concepts
$799 | 13 Teaching Videos + Learning Materials
Stanford Binet Preparation Step-2: Be A Fluid Thinker
$799 | 10 Teaching Videos + Learning Materials
Stanford Binet Preparation Step-1 + Step-2
$998 | 23 Teaching Videos + Learning Materials
Why Online Group SB-V Live Class is not ideal for your little one?
- You have to company with your child for the whole online live class, which means you are following a fix schedule and its not friendly for working parents.
- Young children's attention span is very limited. If your child lose his focus or was stuck on a question, the instructor won't pause the whole class and wait for your child, causing lots of learning loss.
- There will be very few interaction between the instructor and your child in group live class. Parents will implement the teaching part to your child by following the given instruction. If you miss any part of the class, it's impossible to re-teach missed concepts to your child after the live class.
Why Teaching Video is a good choice for your little one?
- With teaching video, you make your own class schedule.
- If your child wants to have a break or needs more time to work on certain concept, you can pause the teaching video any time when it’s needed. You even can split the class into 2 mini sessions if it’s working better for your child. You can make the best learning pace truly for your little one.
- You can re-play the teaching video as many times as you want. You won’t be panic if your child skip any part of the class. You can always replay for your child or watch it yourself then guide your child to learn the concepts better.
Hunter Prep Online Class
Health & Safety
To make sure the health and safety of all on-site students and instructors, we will implement the following measures into daily operation:
- Face coverings.
students and all employees must wear masks all the time.
- Daily classroom sanitation.
All tables, chairs, and floors will be sanitized at the end of the day.
- Disinfect activity items after every use.
All our on-site employees are trained to use alcohol wipes or spray to perform quick disinfection to classroom items after every use (toys, class materials, or personal belongings).
- Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing.
Classroom teachers will instruct students to wash hands before and after each session and more frequent handwashing during the session if necessary.
- Seating arrangement to practice in-classroom distancing.
all students in the classroom will maintain a physical distance at least 6 feet apart.